Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Good Lord


This evil giant finally crapped out this morning, and after three expensive repairs in as many years, I'm done with Mr. Fancy, and I'm getting a regular refrigerator. It took two tries to find a place that would deliver the new fridge as well as haul this behemoth away.

And my first premium payment for Medicare is lost in the mail.

And I had a nice little getaway this weekend and stayed in a place where the hot water ran out.

And it's another day of record breaking temperatures here---with Santa Ana winds and a red flag fire warning. It was 90 at 6:00 a.m. right here, one mile from the ocean. I never want ice in anything except the occasional gin and tonic. Except today when I want ice in everything. And the behemoth is just pee-ing it into a puddle on the kitchen floor.

And wow, every day I see a friend's post about Day 30-whatever now in Puerto Rico where most people still have no power. It's amazing to ponder it. If my house had no roof and no power today, someone would have to haul me away. And every day I see another friend's post about her daughter's medical bills, and the whittling away of their insurance. So many awful things are happening, and then they just slip away out of the news, but they're not gone. People with no houses and their places of employment, blown to bits or burned to a cinder. Health insurance being ripped away from people who can't survive without it. I can't imagine it. I have to imagine it. I want to imagine it. I want to keep imagining it so I will vote in every election large and small.


No comments: