Monday, September 4, 2017

You might as well let go and enjoy the ride.

My younger brothers and me

In this picture I'm not the one looking resigned to being hurled down the slide, but I felt like I was at the top of a steep and rather slippery slope when this:



arrived in the mail a couple of days ago. In a couple of months I can put it to use. Hope I get a chance to wear it out. And I hope we have Medicare for all before I leave this planet. The ups and downs of my health insurance post-divorce were just plain stupid. Why do we still have our health insurance tied to our jobs? 

In other news it rained here again last night. And it's still humid. I've used my air conditioner three times in three days--before then it didn't get used at all. It was just a place to set stuff. 

5 comments:

S Kay Murphy said...

I'm right behind you on the Medicare, Denise, wondering what that will mean for me, how things will change in terms of coverage. One of my doctors has already informed me that once I'm on Medicare, I will be expected to stop taking medication as hormone replacement therapy, even though I've had a complete hysterectomy (so no ovaries). How does one stay vibrant and healthy? Or is it just expected that it's about time I begin to give up and allow the ghost inside to take over...? Time will tell. (By the way, Time, I sometimes hate you, you effing jerk.)

Elizabeth said...

I've always heard good things about Medicare from my friends "aging" into it. I hope it goes well for you. And yes -- or no -- to this bizarre weather. I just dread getting my electricity bill. Sophie needs the house to stay cool (and, I guess, so do we!), so the AC has literally been on nearly non-stop for a couple of weeks.

Anonymous said...

I love Medicare! I have a great supplemental plan along with it, and I only pay monthly premiums, no more co-pays or deductibles.

I didn't have to stop HRT, but at 62 I had one too many breakthrough bleeding episodes and gave it up .

Anyway, get yourself a good supplemental plan and you'll be fine.

Allison said...

I don't have the card yet, but I start November 1, as well. I'm wondering how badly they'll screw up my meds as I shift from one plan to another.

UplayOnline said...

(By the way, Time, I sometimes hate you, you effing jerk.)


หีฟิต